9.23.2008

Justification

I'm constantly trying to justify why I insist on doing some things the hard way. Like black and white photography. My friend/co-worker and fellow serious photographer Joe Brygadier insists he can do anything digitally that can be done "the old fashioned way" and I have to agree with him on so many levels. In fact he agrees with me on most levels too, but we have a healthy film/digital dialogue going.

I read something completely unrelated today on the Time magazine website (a neat article about travel) that actually articulates how I feel about the genuine quality of film and traditional darkroom prints:

"No matter how much we crave it, authenticity is hard to come by in this country. We don't get it from our wide-stanced politicians, we don't get it from our lip-synching pop stars, and we rarely get it during our travel experiences."

Oh how true

No comments: