8.14.2008

Scared to DEATH

I know it's been a while since I blogged, but my son Noah has been in town, then we went on vactation in conjunction with returning him to his mother. I'll write about that soon.


Things up untill now have been pretty quiet on the pregnancy front. Untill yesterday. Yesterday was the "Official Anatomy Review". Sounds so, uh, official right? Anyway, we were both excited going in. The radiologist kept us in suspense long enough that we thought we'd have to come back. Finally she said "Well I'm pretty sure I know it's a girl, but I really want to be sure. I want to be the first to tell you!" The baby was sitting such that she wasnt able to get all the measurements the radiologist needed and made it hard to tell if it was a CJ or Caroline. Finally she moved enough to be sure. Caroline it is! I think Amy and I were both sure it was a boy. That would be convieneint. Just throw him in JJ's clothes, and take him along on all the boy things JJ, Noah and I will do. JJ knew way ahead it was a girl. Everytime he refered to the baby it was "She": She's hungry, she's this big, she's this or that. Oh, and he'd say "her name will be Caroline" (even though we had a boys name picked out too-Charles Jackson). He would even sing "Sweet Caroline" without being prompted!


Immediately after the appointment, Amy called like 5,000 people and I just called my parents. I really didnt know what to think. A newfound sense of protectiveness came over me. I'd love for my boys to have a long life of motorcycles, hot rods and fighter jets. Heck, that's what I still want for myself! But Caroline's already so much different in my mind. Will she play soccer or want to cheerlead? Will she want to chase a high paced career or be a housewife? Will she be a tomboy or girly girl? What should I want for her? Anyway, I dont know what to think, all I know is I'm scared to death about having a girl. I feel like having boy's is no problem. They're so much fun. I know what to do with boys, exactly what I do/did. Now with a girl, what do I do. Have tea parties, play dressup? Am I allowed to do that? All I know for now is that after she's born, she's mine unless she's feeding.


So all you men with daughters, give me some hints.

What would one of my blog posts be without some pictures?

Here the arrow supposedly points to the proof that we're gonna have a girl:

Carolines parts

In this picture you get a good view of her face. Unfortunately it shows more of the bone structure of her face making her look like skeletor:

Caroline Skeletor

Here's the nice normal ultrasound shot people show their co-workers. The radiologist was nice enough to color balance it pink (even though Amy doesn't like pink):

Sweet Caroline

2 comments:

Erin J. Photography Blog said...

YEA! A GIRL! Girls are so fun and she's lucky to have an older brother to protect her! And if I'm not having another girl then I'll have PLENTY of clothes for you guys! We'll know by the first week of October so don't go shopping just yet!

Anonymous said...

So excited for your baby girl! Not to worry - basic principals are the same for sons and daughters. Arn has a book called "She Calls Me Daddy" which he appreciated. You're very welcome to borrow it. We were SO sorry to completely miss your visit. Come back soon!